Benefits of Living Christmas Trees
Having a living tree in the home is a great way to build traditions and memories with the family. After the holidays the tree can be planted in the yard where everyone can watch it grow year after year.
Living trees provide a wonderfully fragrant smell that will be enjoyed by everyone.
Real Christmas trees are a renewable resource. For every tree harvested 2-3 seedlings are planted in its place.
While real trees are growing they produce large amounts of oxygen as well as remove carbon dioxide and other gases from the atmosphere. They are also home to many types of wildlife.
Live Christmas Trees
DELIVERY & RETURN POLICY
Follow these guidelines to better care for your live Christmas tree:
- Before bringing your tree inside for the holidays, allow it to acclimatize to a warmer temperature, ie in a garage, or similar location
- Once acclimatized, bring it indoors
- Try to keep the tree away from heat sources like fireplaces, heaters and vents
- Try to keep the house a little cooler when possible
- Keep the tree well watered. Do not allow it to dry out
- Do not keep the tree indoors for more than 10-14 days
- After the holidays, acclimatize the tree to the outdoor cold by letting it rest in a cool location like a garage for several days
- Once acclimatized, plant it outdoors and water it thoroughly
- Do not replant it if it is extremely cold or the ground is frozen. Wait until a thaw occurs.
- Use a transplant fertilizer or bonemeal to help establish the root system during planting